Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ayam Kicap Seri Serai




Don't you feel it is so monotonous to cook chicken with the same menu?

This was my last year menu:
Monday - Ayam Masak Kicap
Tuesday - Ayam Paprik
Wednesday - Ayam Goreng Halia
Thursday - Ayam Paprik (leftover from Tuesday)
Friday - Gulai Ayam
Saturday - Ayam Masak Kicap
Sunday - Donnington Park. Hahaaaaha

DULL!

I don't give much attention to create a variation of chicken menu because I rather eat fish or seafood than a chicken. Somehow, I think to be a good chef you'll need to try various recipes and know-how to cook it or even invent a recipe. Brilliant! This year I'll manipulate the ingredients and create a new menu for chicken and keep bugging my mom for her appetizing recipes

Let's start with my new Ayam Kicap Seri Serai recipe

Method:
1. ***Salut ayam dgn kunyit + garam.( approx. 7 medium pieces) Goreng ayam. Put aside.
2. Stir-fry the pounded ingredients (3 cloves garlic, 1 red onions, 1/2" ginger and 3 btg serai). Kalau nak pedas, ketuk cabai melaka (3 biji).
3. After turn yellowish or dah garing, add kicap manis and masin.
4. Add the fried chicken. Add 2 tbs tamarind juice and a pinch of salt.
5. Finally add tomatoes, and big red onion, red chillies.

*** I watched Nigella Lawson used a plastic bag and put the turmeric powder and salt with the chicken inside. Than, she "lambung2x" the filled plastic bag so that the chicken disalut dgn turmeric powder + salt evenly. Our hands also won't be dirty by doing that. Good trick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home